Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Bad News From India
The stream of bad news coming out of India keeps growing in size. The latest is ritualistically brutal gangrapes in Uttar Pradesh, the pit of hell for women, lower castes and Muslims. I tell anyone who will listen that India is a failing state and the majority of its population a giant cult. But no intellectual analysis can lessen the shocks of the incessant stream of bad news coming out of the country. maybe it is time to put some emotional distance between myself and the country. I am clear that I don't want to move back unless forced by circumstances. So, there is little reason why its descent into hell should occupy so much space in my head, especially since friends and family back in India are not immediately under threat. Maybe I should make a conscious effort to not follow the news that is coming out of India and get outraged sitting here in England without a support network to cushion the impact. I will start by unfollowing the people I follow on social media for news from India, with the exception of economic news. Let us see how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment