I have been having mostly cold showers for the past two months or so now, but today I may have taken it a bit too far. I washed my hair with cold water, and two hours are later my feet are still cold. Through most of the summer, I showered with hot water post exercising to relieve my sore muscles, especially my stiff right shoulder. I didn't realise that the reason I was so stiff was because I was doing something wrong while working out, and eventually the shoulder and elbow pain caught up with me. But, that is another story, and it will be a long and whiny one.
I recently discovered that cold showers are better than hot showers to relieve post-workout soreness. Also, since it was summer I thought I would get in the habit of cold showers and carry it on through winter. Boost my immune system and shorten my shower duration. Hot showers also dry my skin out. So cold showers seemed like a win-win all around. Until I took it too far, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment