Today, was a bad day work-wise because I barely wrote a sentence. It still feels like a constant struggle not to panic when I have a bad writing day, but I am slowly getting better at it. I have set myself an ambitious writing target for the end of the month, and I am planning to work six days a week till I reach it. Naturally, I am going to have off days. I have realized that the thing to do when I am going through a lean patch is to go easier, not tougher, on myself. This is Covid-time advice but I am starting to think that its suited for normal times as well. I have already decided not to apply for a fellowship since I am currently not in the frame of mind to do justice to the application. I have also decided to spend a little less time at the uni over the next few days. As it is, general levels of stress are rising because of a recent increase in Covid infections. One's priority should be to try to stay in good spirits, eat well and exercise. Over the next few years, most plans that people make are going to be upturned, so there is no point in being too hard on yourself for failing to progress on a task according to plan.
Thursday, September 10, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment