Monday, September 28, 2020

Better At Letting Things Be?

 Am I getting better at letting things be or is it just a passing phase of stoicism? Over the past few days I have felt a flicker of irritation on a number of occasions, but have managed to consciously tamp it down by telling myself to let it be. It helps that I have post-it notes to remind me both at home and in the PhD office. If this is just a passing Zen phase, I will know soon. One of my housemates, who had disappeared for a month, is back and I can hear him through the walls talking on the phone. My other housemate--the bumptious randy one--has also been strangely mellow these past few weeks. The house felt quite peaceful with just the three of us and no one giving trouble. So much so that I even began to consider staying on after my PhD. If I was mistaking a swallow for summer I will know soon enough. 

No comments: