I stuck a new post-it note in front of my desk today, which simply says "Let It Be". I ahve two other post-it notes on my desk saying "Breathe" and "But, I'm here". I have already written about the significance of the latter, and the former is self-explanatory. The "Let It Be" is for all the times when people get on my nerves, and if you know me, you know it doesn't take much for that to happen. Sometimes people don't even have to say or do anything, their mere physical presence, even in a space they are fully entitled to, can set off sirens in my head. So, the 'let it be' is to put the situation in to perspective, and remind myself that chances are all these people will be out of my hair in a few months. It is working so far. The other day |I worked myself into a paroxysm of rage just because one of the guys on the PhD group said he is planning to work from the PhD office going forward. I have become quite territorial about the office, enve though I share it with a bunch of people, most of whom stay away. But Covvid rage took over and I began to conjure up scenes in my head where the said person behaves abominably even though he hasn't done so before, or at least to my knowledge. But, I managed to calm myself down, and tell myself he might not even turn up. Sure enough, he hasn't turned up yet. Dragging yourself to office comes easily for some people like me, but not for many.
Monday, September 14, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment