Over the past few months, I have realised that when I feel animated--usually with anger but sometimes with excitement--I get hot and even start sweating. The most recent instance was about an hour ago while watching a particularly gripping scene of a TV series. This didn't used to happen to me. I'm not worried about it but just curious. Is it that I have become more emotive, and if that is the case is it due to the pandemic or is it because of my emotional and spiritual awakening over the past few years? I have always thought of myself as a sensitive person,but someone with a sensitive head rather than a sensitive head. That emotions would roll around in my head, but I wouldn't feel them in the body. Of course, my brush with anxiety was so distressing because it was such an intensely physical experience. Feeling emotions in my body is something I have become used to, and the occasional wave of anxiety doesn't bother me much any more. I have also become conscious about the possibility of using physical responses as a guide for action. How doing something makes you feel in your body as a barometer for whether you should continue doing it or not. For an over-thinker like, who spends a lot of time in his head, listening to my body is a novel experience. Yes, there is a risk of reading too much into fleeting sensations. Or mistaking physical illness for emotional distress. There are no easy answers. Trying to keep an open heart and an open mind is all we can do.
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment