Wednesday, September 1, 2021

You Will Screw Up

 I am feeling less bad about my penny-wisery-pound-foolery over the weekend. Screwing up is a part of life and how long can one feel morose over such a small screw-up? Yes, I have duly noted my tendency for PWPF, and will be more careful in the future. I will screw up again and again and many of the screw-ups will be much bigger than this one. It is useful to be able to dismiss screw-ups that are not intentional. Sometimes we do destructive things with full knowledge of what we are doing and its possible consequences. The best we can aim for is to prevent these acts of self-sabotage. I heard this in a YWA video and I was thinking about it today. Why we do stuff that we know will be harmful in the future and not even pleasant while we are doing it? I don't want to trivialize self-harm, but does the tendecy for minor self-damage and self-harm come from the same place?

No comments: