What do I say about my first day being back in regular employment? The place is more of a mess than I thought. The anger that was bubbling inside of me for the past two days melted away because I realised they were not be especially inconsiderate towards me. It was just a small part of a much bigger mess. Everyone seemed like they were tottering on the edge on a burnout two days before the start of the teaching semester. My not having access to the teaching platform seemed like a trivial mishap in a much grander scheme of chaos. To add to my misfortune, Betty's test came back negative but she is sick, so chances are she has caught Covid for the second time. I had to cancel my trip to Leicester. But, I am feeling strangely at peace with this turn of events. Neither was unexpected but more importantly, neither was in my control. There is only so much that you can curse fate before accepting it. I am going to do what I can in an imperfect situation, and my best will sadly be far from perfect. Perfection is a unrealistic goal in times such as these.
Friday, September 24, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment