I have decided that I am going to do my damndest to make a trip home in December. There are amny things beyond my control---travel restrictions, my own health if I catch Covid, etc., my new job. etc. But, among the things that are in my control, my PhD is the top of my list. I will not have the time and energy to mount a breakneck effort to finish. So, I will have to play the long game. Pace myself, but keep moving. There is a good PhD in there, I just have to find it and not lose my mind while I do so. I have decided to adopt the Pomodero technique for the time being--put in four solid hours every working day until I start my new job. Yes, there will be other stresses--visa, PhD extension, new job. But, I just have to put the blinders on and keep trotting. Keep trotting until my destination looms into view. There will be moments of frustration and anger every day. But, I will have to calm myself down and carry on. And, if some reason, I don't make it home this December, at least I can tell myself that I did my best. Do your best and leave the rest to fate. I managed to put in a solid four hours of work today, so I am feeling quite proud of myself.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment