I woke up this morning feeling the burden of the world on my shoulders. I had managed to quarrel with all my friends in Bristol bar one within the space of one hour. Nerves about my upcoming job interview may have contributed but I was and in no mood to dissect what happened. I tried to drown myself in interview prep but still felt the occasional wave of exhaustion wash over me. I know by now it is mental exhaustion, not physical exhaustion. But things got better as the day progressed. It was a sunny day, so I went for a long walk and sat below a tree. One of the friends whom I had quarrelled with reached out to me. I was surprised, because I am usually the one to mend fences. This time I was determined not to. But we had lunch together, and I felt a silly because it turned out that the massive falling out we had had was mostly in my head. He didn't even seem that angry about yesterday. My mood lifted even more after that, I and I sent a message to the other friends I had quarrelled with, apologizing for being in such a foul mood yesterday. Suffice to say, I am ending the day on a much better note than I started it. And, I realised that sometimes things are broken only in our heads.
Monday, September 6, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment