My day began with a mail from Betty saying one of co-workers had tested positive for Covid. To think that just yesterday, I had written about how there were so many things that could go wrong over the next few months that it was impossible to contemplate all the possibilities. My heart started to pound as soon as I saw the email, and my brain swung into overdrive to plan my next course of action. Thankfully, I managed to calm down and think rationally. I didn't do a lateral flow test immediately or at uni. However, me nerves still felt a little jangled. So, when I got my Confirmation of Sponsorship form that allows me to apply for a visa, I decided to apply to today itself. I knew I wouldn't be at peace if I left it to the next morning. Neither would I get any PHD writing done, not would I have the relief of having completed the form. The application took a few hours and a lot of hair pulling, and blew a huge hole in my bank account. I pored over it multiple times like someone with hypochondria. And, I realised that if I let it, I would spend a lot of time over the next few days poring over the completed form, looking for mistakes. So, if yesterday's image was possibilities of paper in the air with tags dangling from them, today's is slamming a large book shut. The application is done and dusted and its time to move on. The visa fees will singe for a while, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Monday, September 20, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment