So, the chill on the home front thawed today, no thanks to me. The overtures came from the Irish guy, whom I had given a ticking off yesterday. I even thought about apologizing to him for being too harsh yesterday, but realised it was only a matter of time before he annoys me again. Enjoy the thaw while it lasts but cold winds will blow again. When you are laying down boundaries, the posts must be driven hard into the ground. If you pull them out a bit because you think you've driven them in too far, you have only yourself to blame when the boundary is breached again. I avoid conflict, so the moment the person who has wronged me shows even a flicker of contrition, I melt. If you feel you've been wronged, you should stand by it even if an apology comes your way. Accept the apology or contrition by all means, but don't cave in completely from your original stance.
Monday, September 13, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment