Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Job Offer

The wait is over and the news is good! It wasn't the job I had applied for, it is a rung lower, but in the times of Covid losing a rung is better than losing a run (Sorry, for the bad joke). Yes, life will not get less  complicated any time soon. There is the visa to worry about, and my PhD extension to worry about, not to mention the job itself. But, I am feeling  surprisingly calm about it. They are definitely not going to kick me out of the PhD program and they are not going to rescind the job offer due to visa complications. The road might not be smooth but the destination is in sight. And, more importantly, I am secure in the knowledge that I have done my best. If fate is not with me,  there is nothing I can do about it. I have already started the celebrations because I realise there is no point in waiting. When one complication melts away, another will follow. We must squeeze joy out of life, it won't come us on a platter. 

No comments: