Saturday, September 4, 2021

Bike-Ride Respite

So, it turns out I was mentally, not physically exhausted. I was toying with the idea of whether to go for a run and do some work or whether to go for a bike ride today. I decided on the latter and I am so glad I did. It was a solo bike ride, so I could leave right after breakfast and planned to return in time for a late lunch. and, it worked like a charm. I began to feel relaxed as soon as I left the city and noticed myself humming old Bollywood songs. There were few people on the path in the morning, and I truly had a good time. Maybe I need to plan solo bike rides more, rather than go solo if I don't find anyone to go with me. This summer was very grey so we didn't have that many sunny days, but if we are lucky we might have a few more weeks of warm weather. I also decided to take it easy with the interview prep over the weekend. If my mind drifts there, I won't and can't stop it, but I am not going to write a script or intentionally work on it. There isn't that much to do really, and I don't want to amp up my energy to soon and flame out before the interview. My goal is to relax as much as I can over the weekend.

No comments: