Today, didn't start well and didn't get better till the evening. My gloating over my new pair of cheap shoes was premature. it turns out the shoes don't fit me that well, a fact that I had glossed over in my glee over its price. I spent the first hour at work wracking my brain how to remedy the situation instead of working on my PhD. I decided to walk down to ASDA to buy insoles for the shoes, since I didn't find the idea of returning them very appealing. Cheap buys are always a gamble and if you lose you should be sporting about it and not to reverse it. So, now my £16 shoes have insoles worth £10 in them, and they still don't fit me well.
I didn't make much headway in my PhD either, and I felt for the first time that I have been going around in circles for the past three months. Ideas that I had discarded in the first month started seeming appealing to me. I spent most of the the day watching myself spin around in circles. It wasonly after I got home from work did I get some new ideas. I am too wise to call them breakthroughs, they are more like slivers of light. I know that ideas that seem great in the head turn messy when its time to put them on paper. I am still a long way from home, but at least when I go in to uni tomorrow, I won't be starting at a blank slate. And, that is the only way to keep moving, grabbing on to slier of light, watch it melt between your fingers, and then grabbing on to the next one. But, at least, I am in beast mode when it comes to work. I didn't even bother with Pomodero today, because I knew I would blow through my 4-hour or even 5-hour target. the only thing to do is to keep at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment