I have never seen myself as being overly attached to my possessions but one of my housemates makes me feel possessive. Maybe we should have explained to him that we all have our individual cupboards. He just took a fancy to mine and started storing some of his stuff there. I wouldn't have minded but turns out he has been using some of my stuff too. Yesterday, he remarked that there was a giant box of tea bags on one of my shelves as he popped into one. He possibly thought it had been abandoned, and I wasn't too pleased at all. Just the previous day I had indicated that I didn't want him to use my boxes for food storage but had hedged my words so much that he possibly thought I was fine with him using my stuff. To be fair to him, he is always offering me the use of his stuff, but I would just rather we stick to our own stuff, although I do enjoy pinching his milk as a way of getting back at him for his annoying habits. So the question is what is to be done. It is unbelievable how my housemates find new ways to annoy me on an almost daily basis, and it is also unbelievable that I haven't exploded with rage at any of them yet. at least, with the Irish guy he doesn't realise he annoys me in contrast to Betty, who doesn't care or knowingly annoys me (although to be fair to her, she has been very quiet for the past few months. The calm before the storm?). So, I have decided not to say anything unless I am inconvenienced. My sense of private property can be damned. telling him not use my stuff would make me feel petty and possessive, and even if I am those things to some extent, I don't like being made to feel that I am.
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment