Yesterday, I wrote that my PhD is like a beached whale. The despair carried over into this morning, and I woke up in the depths of despondency, compounded by the news received last evening that my closest friend in Bristol would be moving away soon. I spent most of the morning on house-keeping activities, which distracted me from but did not dissipate the despair. I made sporadic attempts to work on my PhD, but to little avail. It was only in the late afternoon, that I lay on my bed and felt the wheels in my head start to turn. No brainwave, no Eureka moment, more like a tremor in a limb that has lain lifeless for weeks. I am by no means out of the woods. But, after being paralysed for weeks, even a flicker of movement gives hope that must be jumped on. Hopefully, this is not a false start and the buzzer won't go off tomorrow. But, I am hoping that wheels might, just might, be squeaking into motion. (As my friend Mandy says, keeping everything crossed).
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment