I bombed my interview. I was asked questions I wasn't expecting and I had to faff my way out of it. What was supposed to be a 40-minutes interview ended within 25 minutes, which I suppose is never a good sign. The only lesson I can take away from it is to have a really solid answer ready to the question "Why do you want this job?". I didn't get to talk about my research for as long as I wanted, which might have been a good or bad thing because I wasn't very happy with my research plan. The more I think about it, the less I think I am ready for this job. Starting a job before I finish my PhD or at least I am in the home straight feels dishonest for some reason. So, my predicament is my PhD is not moving ahead, and nothing else in my life will move--dating, jobs--will move forward until I finish my PhD. Maybe I subconsciously decided to bomb at the interview because I am not ready for this job, or in my hearts of hearts I know its not right for me. Just like I bombed the interview for MICA in my final year engineering. If I learnt that I hadn't made it past the interview stage at MICA, I felt gutted, not because I really wanted to join MICA because the future felt like an infinite void. I had no idea what I wanted to do after engineering and I would have to take the trouble to figure it out, and not simply defer decision by a few years by jumping into a Mater's degree. Maybe something simily is cooking this time around too?
Thursday, August 5, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment