This is my 1000th post. The fact that I have reached this milestone in about three and a half years since I resumed blogging means I have been extremely regular. Not only that, after turning out 247 posts in 2018 and 244 posts in 2019, I was extremely prolific in the annus horribilis I of 2020, churning out 292 posts. I reckon I will end up with a similar number this year, which has been comparably horrible to last year. I am a sucker for milestones but the 1000th post milestone is the biggest one I have celebrated so far. The next 1000 milestone is at least 3 years away, assuming I keep blogging regularly. Who know what life will be like three years from now or if I will even be alive. And, in any case, 2000th post doesn't have the same ring to it as 1000th post. For a comparable ring, I will have to wait for my 10000th post, by which time I will be well into my twilight years and global atmospheric temperatures may be at least 3-4C higher, and all the carnage that comes with that.
And today, I finally said goodbye to the guly brown shoes that I have been wearing for almost seven years exactly Those are not the only pair of shoes I have but I have worn them the most because no other shoes have lasted so long. If you wanted to design the most forgetable, featureless pair of shoes, you couldn't do better than this pair, They weren't ugly, because to be seen as ugly they would need to make an impression on the sense. These shoes just existed, and sometimes existed on my feet. I bought them before I moved to Holland to start my Master's degree. They were not particularly comfortable or uncomfortable, they were not particularly elegant or ugly, they were not particularly anything. I just hung on to them because and I am too cheap to throw away shoes that don't have holes in them. But, today, I found shoes for £16, narrowing the possibilities for buyer's remorse. I believe shoes grow to fit your feet anyway, and with expensive shoes at least I am perpetually worried about whether they fit right, or whether they look good. With cheap ones, the standards are lower.
No comments:
Post a Comment