Friday, August 20, 2021
Screenless Evenings
This week, I was forced to spend an evening without my laptop. The evening ended with me dozing on and off from 8:30 pm onwards until I eventually went to bed at 9:30 pm. In ordinary times, I would have simply picked up my kindle. But, this week was not an ordinary week, and was feeling too mentally exhausted to read anything I didn't have to. I had blogged from work, so I didn't feel the need to blog on paper either. I have never understood the romance of writing by hand. Typing on a screen allows you to erase and rewrite without scratching out words. I much prefer it t writing on paper. The only exception is when I make notes from academic books and articles I read. Taking notes on the computer has always felt weird to me. I think its more of a hand-eye coordination thing. Reading on the comuter and taking notes by hand seems like the most natural thing in the world, while doing it the other way around feels very unnatural. Coming back to the point, screenless evenings sound good on paper but are not that good in reality, especially if you are single and when your brain is fried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment