Saturday, August 14, 2021
SOAS Rejection
SOAS rejected me and didn't even bother to inform me. I only learnt about it when I wrote to HR, who sent me a pissy email when I said I expected to be informed even if I was unsuccessful (in more polite words). I wasn't expecting to get through so it didn't come as a shock to me. Prior to the interview, I was wondering how I would cope with the having nothing to look forward to if I don't get the job. But I've realised that the thing that bothers me most is being stuck on my PhD. In the past two and half months, it feels like it has barely budged. The new deadline is two and half months away. I remarked to a friend today that something has got to give, right? I can't spend the next two and a half months doing nothing. I will go mad. Neither can I expect much help from my supervisor, who hasn't fully recovered from Covid. My PhD feels like a beached whale--unwieldy and unyielding. It feels like my life is on hold because of my PhD, and my PhD is on hold for some mysterious reason, so everything in my life is on hold. I have accepted that nothing is sacred, I am ready to abandon concepts that I have toiled over for months. But, replace them with what exactly?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment