Yesterday, I was having a reasonably day, until I got an email which threw me. The sender was the Economics HoD offering me hourly paid work even though I had not heard back about the full-time job I had applied for. Offering me crumbs even before telling me that my request for pie had been turned down. I wrote to her asking if that was the case and she replied they hadn't finalised the shortlist for the full-time job and that this was a separate process. That did little to quell my rage. The thing is I don't even want the full-time job that badly, and from a visa perspective it is probably best that I don't take it. But, my feelings of resentment against cliques in academia came bubbling to the surface and spent the rest of the day in a quiet rage. I knew I as making a mountain out of a molehill but I couldn't stop myself. I only calmed down after I did some dialogues like the sherpa had told me. I realized that I hadn't felt the need to do dialogue writing since March, which is an achievement in a year like this, I guess. But, I realized that if you are aware that you are making a mountain of a molehill, you won't for long. The mountain will turn into a molehill soon enough. Maybe not as soon as you want, but sooner than you think. So, there is no point in fretting over it. And, sure enough, I felt much better today.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment