P.S. A no-Twitter-after-dinner rule would be great for me, so I have just set my Twitter timer to five minutes.
Monday, November 30, 2020
Post-Dinner Routine
I have a pretty nice pre-dinner routine now. I usually get back from uni between 5 and 6, and if I don't have to cook, I make myself a nice cup of tea, which I drink sitting in the dark while listening the radio. Radio 4 has a comedy slot at 6:30pm which is usually good. I then do my shoulder exercises and yoga before dinner. Often, I laze about in bed before yoga and exercises so I end up missing my target of eating dinner at 7:30 pm. but, since it is the end of the day, I don't give myself too much grief about it. it is the post-dinner routine that I want to nail. The intention is to blog and then watch a TV series but I usually end up on Twitter, where I find something that incenses. If I don't hae a blog topic ready, I end up spending ages on Twitter, which cuts into my TV time. First-world-singleton-with-no-kids problems! But, I make no apologies for being so self-absorbed. This has been a difficult year for everyone, and I have coped well. I would pick self-absorption over loneliness and moroseness any day. Maybe I will become so self-absorbed that I might have trouble adjusting to life with a partner in the future. Maybe 10 months ago I would actually spent some time at least thinking about this concern if not worrying about. Now, it seems so trivial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment