The "Let It Be" post-it notes above my desk at home and at work are going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting during the pandemic. Yesterday, I got the feeling that my bumptious randy housemate was preparing to spend the lockdown with her parents. Today, she had a bloke over, and they seem very lovey-dovey. It struck me that she might not be planning to go home to her parents if it means being separated from this bloke. Then it struck me that this bloke might spend more time at our house if both he and my housemate have been furloughed over lockdown. I spent an hour or so contemplating this possibility with increasing moroseness. My housemate is loud--she makes her presence felt when she is in the house and awake, and most of her guests seem to be loud too. I start feeling irritable if there are too many people in the house, especially if a guest takes up the noise quota of two people. Finally, it struck me that we were going to be under lockdown and having people over was barred. I immediately made up my mind that I would unleash hell if he kept visiting after the start of lockdown. After all, "Let it be" is not a panacea, at least not for most people as we are not saints. Sometimes, "Raise Hell!" is the solution. Knowing when to let it be and when to raise hell is, of course, the million-dollar quesion.
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment