Thursday, November 26, 2020

Cold Spell Begins

I was going to title this blog post 'Cold Snap' but discovered that too many old posts have the same title, so I decided to mix it up. Last night, the temperature dropped to IC, and tonight is forecast to be 0C. I knew I would have to be careful with my cold shower this morning, so I made sure I was bone dry afterwards and well wrapped up on my bike ride to uni. I have written before about how my physical ability is noticeably affected below 5C and, sure enough, the ride up the slope was a slog. But, it was a bright sunny day, and there are few things more pleasant than walking about in the winter sunshine, so I went for a long-midday walk with a friend. I had had a reasonably productive morning, so after lunch, and without an ounce of guilt I decided to walk home from uni while it was still bright. Most days, it is pitch dark when I return home, so I decided to mix things up a bit. And, this evening, I did that sublime cozy yoga routine which I only do during winters. I am not sure whether I will go for a run this Sunday because apart from the cold, my knees are giving me a little trouble. But, I have decided not to think about it too much. I am someone who has to force himself to rest when I am feeling inclement, but I don't like forcing myself to do anything at the moment. I will just go with how I feel on the day and in the moment. 

No comments: