Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Proud of how I took the job news

It has been four days since I got news of the job rejection, and I am proud of how I have handled myself. The sting of rejection has worn off. I now feel like a person who has learnt that someone whom they though fancied them but whom they don't fancy, in fact, doesn't fancy them. If I have lost you, let me put it more simply. I thought person B fancies me even though I don't fancy her and I just realised she doesn't fancy me. I realise that someone without a safety net would be worried about paying the bills next year as well as being able to stay on in the UK. Since I have a safety net, I am not worried, and neither do I feel guilty for not being worried. If I am short-listed for the temporary job, I am determined to prove myself and salvage some pride. I feel like I am in the sweet spot where my pride is not hurt enough to get me down, but hurt enough to propel me forward. Not a bad place to be in at all. 

No comments: