Thursday, November 12, 2020

Trust Practice

As I have written before, I often choose my yoga practices based on my state of mind on that day. I don't consider yoga to be an antidote to the problems in my life. Or at least, I try not to look at it as an anti-dote. It is just a practice that raises self-awareness, soothes my nerves and chimes with my reflective nature. Which is why I do yoga daily, irrespective of whether I am in a good mood or bad. Doing yoga only when you feel like you need it is pointless because it is not an anti-dote but a practice. 
Today, I decided to opt for a Trust practice. I still haven't been told whether I have been short-listed for the job, and I heard on the grapevine that 174 people have applied. I fancy my chances with this job, and if I don't get it I will be gutted. If I am not even short-listed, it will be a jolt to my confidence. So, its no surprise that I have been a bit on the edge for the past few days. Today, I learnt that the university has advertised for another fixed-term job, which eased the pressure somewhat. Even if I fail to bag a permanent job, I can try for the temporary one. Not ideal, but at least I will have somewhere to land after I finish my PhD. The Trust practice also helped calm me down. Trust is not just trusting that the outcome you desire will materialize. It is much broader and deeper than that. It is acknowledging that the universe works in mysterious ways, and that blessings sometimes come disguised as curses. Trust is about trusting yourself and trusting the universe. Trusting that you will cope with whatever comes your way, and trusting that the universe is not against you. Doing your best and leaving the rest to fate. 

No comments: