Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Quality of Solitude
In the past few days, I haven't been coping well with the acquaintances that inhabit my daily life. To be clear, they have a right to the space they share with me as much as I do. But, I just wish they followed the lead of other people who seem to have temporarily relinquished that right. In office, it is just two girls who come in every day along with me. They give me no trouble, but their mere presence grates on my nerves. I feel like my irritability threshold is so low that I am in a permanent state of being miffed. If its not their habits, its their mere presence. On the home front, I was hoping that two of my housemates would be away during the lockdown. Alas, it was not to be. And, my new housemate has a heavy houseprint like me--she cooks a lot (like I do), but also has some mildly annoying habits. So, I have been feeling frustrated both on the home and the office front. When I write down the reasons for my frustration, it feels ridiculous. What else is there to do but laugh at my ow idiosyncrasies? Beat myself over it or feel even more alienated from the world? Nah, I am not that person any more. I will just laugh at myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment