A couple of days ago, I was having serious doubts about applying for a job at Cambridge. I decided that I only stood even half a chance if I wrote a kick-ass personal statement, so I wouldn't apply if I didn't. Today, I started writing the statement, and although it is not complete, I can see it shaping into something that I would be satisfied with. Of course, it is a long shot, but no one takes all the long shots that come their way. Obviously, I found something in this job advertisement that appealed to me, apart from the potential bragging rights. And, in today's yoga session, Adrienne's wise words chimed with my thinking--"All we can do is do our best.. and try to enjoy". There is a singular satisfaction in knowing you did your best, be it for a long shot or a slam dunk.
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment