I have written a lot about Covid rage, but in recent days I have also identified what I can only describe as Covid mood swings. With a span of one day I can go from lethargy to inspiration to dejection to serenity and end the day feeling frustrated. A couple of days ago I had drag myself out of bed. SO you can imagine my surprise when I was feeling full of beans when I cycled in to uni. And, I ended the day feeling flat. As you know, in the past few days. the mere presence of acquaintiances in my life has been grating on me. Today, I felt a stab of irritation when a colleague came in to the PhD office in the afternoon, interrupting my solitary session. But, on a whim, I made some some small talk with him, and my annoyance dispersed just like that. The lesson here is what most spiritual teaching alludes to in one form or the other--thoughts, emotions, mental states are transitory, so there is no point in being overly bothered by them. This too shall pass, so try to be in the moment rather than in the future or the past.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment