Monday, November 16, 2020

Busy Winter

I had been girding myself for a busy winter, but this winter is going to be busier than I had imagined. between job applications and scrambling to finish my thesis, I am not going to have much time to worry about catching Covid. In fact, in the past week or so, I have barely thought about the risks of Covid infection. I will be lucky if the pace of work lets up in the spring, but I am not counting on it. Hopefully, my progress will be like a parallel power circuit, where the more resistors you add in parallel, the lesser the effective resistance and the heavier the flow of current. This morning, I was feeling full of beans as I cycled in to uni. but, while I wasn't unproductive, all the beans didn't spill over into my work. I am aiming to finish my core chapters by the end of the year, but with every passing day, it is feeling like an impossible deadline. I have been waiting for that elusive writing spurt, for words to pour forth for the past six months, but progress has been fitful and laborious. Mysterious are the ways of the intellect, so the writing spurt might still come. All I can do is keep showing up, and not worry about my progress when I am not working. When the crisis possibilities are infinite, all one can do is keep the faith in oneself and in the universe. 

No comments: