This weekend I did what one is supposed to do on weekends: I slacked off completely. The creature of habit that I am I have a routine for weekends too. This weekend, I made a conscious effort to break the routine because I felt like I needed it. I had hit a rut with both my thesis writing and my job application, and I suddenly stated feeling colder than usual a couple of days ago. Since a few years ago, whenever My body experiences (mild) unusual symptoms I attribute it to mental stress or anxiety. So, this weekend, I decided to break away from my routine. So, I barely did any yoga, didn't blog yesterday and didn't go for my Sunday morning hill run. People like me, who are too self-disciplined, need to force themselves to slack off from time to time. When I find some activity which is calming or relaxing, I immediately include it in my routine, and push myself to do it everyday. Self-discipline is great, but at times it can make life difficult. It keeps you on track, but staying on the track all the time can be stressful. One needs to veer off from time to time. I suppose one needs to figure out one's type--if you are the type who pushes too hard, you should watch out for signs of exhaustion, and if you are the opposite you should be careful about not slacking off too much.
Sunday, November 8, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment