Saturday, October 31, 2020

Lockdown No. 2

 I woke up to news that the government will announce a second national one-month lockdown to start next week. Unlike the first lockdown, schools are universities will remain open, though I doubt for very long. I give it two weeks. Life doesn't rally change for me. In fact, it might change for the better if my annoying housemate spends the lockdown with her parents. I have decided to continue working from university until they close down the campus. The decision to keep universities open is a terrible one, and I sympathize with colleagues being forced to teach face to face. But, if the university campus is going to remain open, I am going to keep going without feeling guilty about it. Working out of university involves minimal Covid risk, is good for my mental health as well as my productivity, so why stop? I have been girding myself for a tough winter for months, and I am not going to make it tougher on myself with needless guilt. 

No comments: