Today, I deployed the tearjerker after months. Over the past few days, I have been oscillating between joy and melancholy, but today I was feeling bluer than usual for no particular reason. I felt overwhelmed by the stress of the job application and the PhD, not to mention the second wave of the pandemic looming larger on the horizon with every passing day. My heart felt heavy with emotions, so I decided I needed a cleanse. I did the meditation session that usually makes me emotional, serving as a warm-up for the tera-jerker. But, the meditation session did nothing for me today, possibly because I didn't use earphones.
However, the tearjerker worked like a charm. I was a little apprehensive because it had failed the last time I tried it a month or so ago. But today, the taps started flowing within the first few seconds of the first video. Crying can be very satisfying and cathartic, even if one has to pay mind to wooden walls and sob silently. I went through my routine, immediately feeling much lighter. It took me a while to realise that the physical act of crying could work as a therapy for me. The mind and body work together in ways that are hard to fathom, but one need not understand how works to use it. Else, we would never be able to use any machine or appliance.
No comments:
Post a Comment