I have started going on mid-day walks in the vicinity of the uni whenever the weather permits. I started going on walks to spend some time away from my desk and give some respite to my eyes and impinged shoulder. I noticed that I had too little progress to show for all the time I was spending at my desk at uni. So, I decided to consciously spend less time at my desk. I haven't noticed a jump in my productivity since, but at least it is better for my body. Spending time outdoors during autumn/winter is also good for my mood. I can't remember the last time I didn't leave the house at least once in 24 hours. Yesterday, I foudn a new route that took me into bonafide woods. This is England, so one is never too far away from habitation. But, I had earphones on, and a willingness to unsee the house roof tops that occasionally sawm into view, so I had a very nice walk. Its a pity that the route will be too muddy to frequent during autumn/winter. But, come spring, I can see myself going there quite often.
Living under constant threat of a lockdown, I find myself grasping every opportunity to do something that would be prohibited under lockdown. Meeting friends, working from uni. Last week, I thought I would work from home on a particularly rainy day, thinking it would serve as an acclimatization exercise for the inevitable looming lockdown. But I just couldn't bear to sit at home and realised that it was a silly idea to practice for lockdown when we are not locked down. If and when we are locked down, I will be disappointed but I definitely will be able to cope like the last time. There is no point in practicing to cope in a situation where you have no choice but to cope.
No comments:
Post a Comment