Thursday, October 22, 2020

Being Grateful Without Being Fearful

 Living through a pandemic has made me realize there are so many things I am grateful for--I have remained in good physical and mental health and so have family and close friends. I have enough to keep things to do to keep my mind occupied intellectually, and no money troubles. But, in moments of anxiety, that gratitude turns into fear. Fear that all I have to be grateful for could be lost in an instant. Is it possible to feel grateful without feeling fearful/ Gratitude grounds you, it makes you feel one with the world. It is humbling and empowering at the same time. Humbling because you realize if life feels good at a particular point in time, it is mainly because the world is being kind to you. Empowering because you realize you can also be kind to yourself and to the world, making yourself a part of someone else's good fortune. So, what about fear then? Does fear ground you too? Sometimes, it grinds you down, but often it is a motor for action. But, I am only human. I wish I felt more gratitude and less fear.

No comments: