This has been a tough week. As the second wave of Covid envelopes us, my anxiety level has been rising, and the non-Covid news has also been relentlessly. And, just to add to the general air of frustration and helplessness, my shoulder shows no signs of improving. Today, when I saw that Labour suspended Jeremy Corbyn, I had just returned from a walk in the rain to clear. I groaned, as the news sent me into paroxysms of rage. At the current rate of bad news, I would have to walk all day to clear my head. I managed to complete my job application, but apart from that the day was a disaster. And, to top it all, I had possibly the lousiest session of online yoga ever. In a typical session, there are usually one or maximum two exercises that don't suit your body. This particular routine was filled with them. Instead of leaving the yoga mat feeling more clam and collected, I was quivering with frustration.
As Adrienne says, "these things happen. they are beyond our control". Life asks us to spin many plates at the same time. The good ones distract us from the bad ones, but sometimes it happens that we are spinning mostly bad plates. Such moments are tough. All we can is do our best, ware that our best might not be enough to change outcomes. and, by best, I don't necessarily mean hard but harmonious. Harmonious with our world-which includes our mental, physical and emotional beings. With time, one gets better at listening to these different beings, and deciding the most harmonious course of action or inaction. one also becomes better at being peace with the world when it doesn't resond to our harmonious actions with the outcomes we desire.
No comments:
Post a Comment