Thursday, December 3, 2020

Intense Next Few Days

 The next few days are going to be intense. I am expecting to hear whether I was short-listed for the 1-year lectureship. If I am not, it will prick my pride but I will be relieved that I wouldn't have to prep for the interview and could focus on my PhD for the time being. If I am selected, my pride will be salvaged, but I will be stressed about prepping for the interview while scrambling to finish my PhD. There doesn't seem to be a good option here. In addition, I am expecting feedback on the core chapter of my thesis from a stalwart who will, I suspect, rip it to shreds. Here again, I want her to because I want do write the best PhD that I can, but I am dreading the sight of red ink all over my work. I will need to draw on all my wellbeing resources to keep myself on an even keel over the next few days. 

No comments: