My knee-jerk answer would be obviously not. I am struggling with the introduction of my final chapter and I am not anything close to the 10-12 hours per day that my supervisor says she put in the final months of her PhD. But, I do put in the hours. I'm at the uni from 8 to 5:30 most days. I just wish I put in more into those hours. Also, my shoulder is taking agonizingly long to get fixed, and sometimes I feel there hasn't been any improvement and that I am just going around in circle. I do suppose I am working harder than I need to, or at least stressing more than I should. This evening, I did a yoga practice titled fundamentals of ease, which dwelt on the topic of how to marry effort and ease. I am trying to enjoy writing my PhD now that I don't have the urgency of finishing it in time to start a job, but easier said than done. I know I am going to write a stonking PhD and I am going to finish it in the not-too-distant future, I just wish I would stop agonizing about it. The thesis is a creative project and will take its time. Any rush on my part will only make a marginal difference to the timeline but a whole lot more difference to my peace of mind. All I can do I is keep showing up and keep in good spirits. So, that is going to be my strategy. Keep showing up and keep in good spirits and try not too fuss about missing deadlines. I don't have a hard biting deadline and I shouldn't feel like a slacker because I don't.
Monday, December 14, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment