Monday, June 14, 2021

Vaccine, Anxiety or Covid

I woke up in the middle of last night to the sound of betty weeping on her way to the toilet. Sounds of sex and wailing are enough to knock the sleep out of my eyes, but I still managed to get some shut-eye. But the day got better as I made good progress with my PhD and the rapid Covid test turned out negative. However, in the late afternoon, a headache came on and I could feel my energy levels flag. Was this the vaccine kicking in belatedly, was it my anxiety rearing its ugly head or was it Covid. I popped a crocin and felt better but then my stomach took a turn for the worse. |How can one experience so many physical symptoms and mood swings in the matter of a day? But there is nothing to do but soldier on and soldiering on I am. I know not living in the same house as Betty will significantly reduce my stress and anxiety levels but the thought of moving during the final stages of my PhD fills me with dread. On a positive note, I am getting better at salvaging sleep from the jaws of a sleepless night. I will never sleep like a log, but at least I don't feel as groggy I would have after a sleepless night. When you are doing all you can and doing more would require too much effort, there is nothing more to do. 

No comments: