So, yesterday, Betty had a guest, and while there was no bonking there was enough loud talking to disturb my sleep throughout the night. It made me start to regret the kind email I had sent the previous day after betty told us about her sexual assault. That is what toxic people do. They try to make you feel ashamed of that which is noble and good in you. You begin to think of kindness as weakness, empathy as a handicap. The only way to deal with toxic people is to have as little to do with them as possible. That doesn't mean that one shouldn't shown kindness towards them. But, one should not too much kindness and invite them into one's lives. I did not offer to help Betty, I simply expressed sympathy. I am not a person who doesn't react when someone tells them they have been raped. And, I don't want to be such a person.
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment