Monday, June 21, 2021

SOAS Job Falls Through

 So, it turns out SOAS will not be opening this particular job to foreigners after all. My first reaction was relief that I won't have to go through the trouble of applying and waiting or think about what I will do if I get shortlisted and, god forbid, selected for both the Bristol and SOAS jobs. One less thing for me to overthink. I am in the position where I have to apply for jobs because I don't want to be idle after i submit my thesis, but I also feel relieved when those jobs fall through. I am not someone who can let go completely and go with the flow. I won't feel good about myself if I don't apply for positions I think I have a decent chance with and which I wouldn't mind doing. I am not a sitting-on-my-ass kind of  guy. Neither am I a type-A person who steadfastly pursues my ambitions. I try to make my way but I am open to getting lost, and being led by fate to unknown pastures.

No comments: