I felt like I was stuck in tur with my introduction, so I decided to change tack and move to my conceptual chapter, Sure enough, I was able to make progress. It is an abiding rule that in a large project when you get stuck on something move to something else. In hindsight, maybe I should have started with the conceptual chapter. But, letting something unfinished is hard, and one only makes such a move when one is at wit's end. It is also astonishing how swiftly I go from brimming with confidence and momentum to feeling down in the dumps. It can happen in a matter of hours, as it did today. Its important not to read too much into either. Feeling upbeat doesn't mean the war is over, and feeling gutted doesn't mean the war is lost.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment