After living in Europe for almost six years, I used the bathtub for the first time today. Now, I can't believe it took me so long to discover the pleasure of soaking in water. Actually, it was a mini-bath because it started as a shower and I decided to push the bathplug in mid-way. Now, instead of my Sunday evening hot showers after I you-know-what I am going to have a bath. A hot shower in winter when its cold and dark is relaxing, not so much in summer with the sun blazing through the window. Today, I was feeling worried about finishing my PhD on time. after soaking a tub for about twenty minutes, I felt much better. So, its going to be cold showers and hot baths from now on. Baths are too much of a luxury to have more than once a week. And, I come from a country where showers are a luxury, and most people have bath with a bucket. But, once a week is an indulgence I can allow myself without worrying that I am destroying the planet.
Sunday, June 6, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment