Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Housemate Hassles

It feels like my housemates find a new way to annoy me everyday. The bumpkin from Slovakia has a heavy footprint--he treats the common spaces in the house as his own. It was tolerable until it was just him, but now the new housemate, who is an Irish yob is just as bad and filthy to the boot. He keeps leaving teabags in the sink. And, Betty, is well, being Betty. I haven't hit breaking point yet, but my breaking point is quite high given that I am in the final few months of my PhD. It doesn't help that this house sans housemates is perfect for me. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in a chawl, or worse a refugee camp. People constantly butting their elbows in your ribs. Annoying habits, annoying voices and annoying personalities. There is nothing to be done in my current situation. I can keep debating internally about which issues to bring up with them, and which to let go, but it will get me  nowhere and only increase my frustration. I have to keep me eye  on the ball,  which is finishing my PhD thesis. Housemate hassles is the small stuff in the grand scheme of  things. Who knows, maybe a few months from now, none of the terrible trio  will  even cross my mind. 

No comments: