Thursday, June 10, 2021

Break Away

 I have had it up to my tits with my housemates. Everyday the find some fresh way to annoy me. Their transgressions are not significant enough for me to complain, but annoying nonetheless. One of my housemates is crazy, another is dirty and the third one treats the common living spaces as his own. And, all of them have loud voices. Right now, I can hear loud voices from the room below mine as well as the room next to mine. Its as thought they are in a secret competition over who can annoy me more. I realised how much I needed a change of scene when Asha Bua invited me to Brighton. Covid cases are on the rise and its not the best time to be travelling, but I rally need this break. My PhD is crawling too, and I could use a change of scene. I haven't been out of the Bristol Area since the christmas of 2019 and if I miss his chance that might not change till the Christmas of 2021. So, I realise that the Covid news is going to get worse with every passing day, but I have decided that I am going to hold my nerve and go to Brighton unless the government or Asha Bua change their minds. I will take all possible precautions--travel in the middle of the week, always have a mask on, spend the least possible amount of time in the bus terminal. But, I really need this break.

No comments: