My resident permit came in the post today, much to my relief. What should be a mere formality feels like a big achievement. I hadn't got a peep from the home office since they sent an email two weeks ago saying my visa has been approved. Then I got an email this afternoon saying my BRP was on its way and my courier would contact me with the details. The mail lifted me from a PhD-induced slump and I managed to do some work on my PhD in the afternoon. Then, when I got home, I found the residence permit in the mail, which made me jump with joy. As I was telling a friend, I am feeling more relieved than I did after finding out I had got the Bristol uni job. This permit is definitive proof that I will be able to live in the UK for the next three years at least. This is where I want to be. Also, it means I will be able to travel to India to visit my family over the winter holidays. Yes, this month will be hectic as hell. I will have to juggle PhD-writing with the work I know about and other work which may be bestowed upon me. But, next month, God willing, I will see my family. And, hopefully, the anticipation of seeing them will give my PhD wings.
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment