Monday, November 22, 2021

Dog Day Indeed

It was indeed a dog day. My seminar went horribly, with even my best students struggling to keep up. I know it was not my fault. Even before the seminar, I knew it was going to be tough going. But, I am sick of being proved right when I anticipate the bad stuff, and wrong when I anticipate good stuff. Everything that I expect to be difficult is every bit as difficult. Every thing that I expect to be easy also turns out to be more difficult. I know its a job for life, and I keep telling myself that I should care less. My priority should be to survive and finish my PhD. Not impress anyone. DO enough to stay out of trouble. You cannot inspire and open the minds of your students by teaching this economics. If not you, someone else will confuse them, bore them to bits, disillusion them, or corrupt them so that they start believing that what they study is worthwhile, even important. This is not a job for life. This is not a job for life. This is not a job for life. 

No comments: