The clocks went back this morning, marking the official start of winter for me. As is my custom, I did the cozy yoga session and loved it. I also went back to my clocks back/clocks forward posts from previous years. i use these posts to reflect on the previous 5/7 months and write down what I anticipate until the next clock change. Of course, I also do these reflection/anticipation posts at year-end, but I enjoy reflecting/anticipating so I welcome the shorter intervals. My last post followed the long Coid winter,but struck a hopeful note for spring and summer, with the end of my PhD imminent. Little did I know that summer would be a washout and I wouldn't be done with my PhD at the end of 7 months. But, I can't complain. I haven't finished my PhD, but I have a job, I am in good physical and mental health and I will be seeing my family soon. What more can one ask for, especially at a time like this? Life hasn't gone to plan but it hasn't gone badly either. Today, is also the day I was supposed to submit my PhD after my first extension. And, it also marks five years since the start of my PhD programme. But, even if I try I can't feel bitter or even wistful about both these milestones. A lot has happened over the past five years ago, and I have done the best I could.
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment