Thursday, October 21, 2021
No Respite, Only Spite
It clearly was a bad idea to share with my parents how stressed I am. After our phone conversation this evening, my mom called me up saying she was worried about me. So, yes, the next few conversations will involve me reassuring my mother that I am ok. And, continuing the trend of "No respite, only spite", I just discovered that I am supposed to teach on a section of a module that I was not expecting to have to teach on. A professor "asked" if I would be willing to help. I would feel less disgruntled if I was being paid full salary, but that is not the case. This piece of news overshadowed the relief I felt on being informed that my visa application had been approved. Since I have joined this university, there have only been unpleasant surprises--more work than anticipated, both in terms of volume and difficulty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment